The Queensland Government has given places of worship the ability to ease restrictions which does excitingly allow us to increase our capacity on a Sunday. Over the next few weeks we will be working out how best to manage the flow of people into and out of the church and during communion so I would ask for your patience as we get this right, particularly as we prepare for our Christmas services. We have reconfigured the seating to be able to accomodate the increased limits, however, there continues to be a requirement to ensure there is social distancing between households.
Our Sunday services will continue to be live-streamed and we would encourage you to continue to engage with worship in this way if you are unable to attend our church building for worship. We’ve been excited by the opportunity we have had to maintain connection and reach further during this season.
Here is a few important things to remember for this Sunday.
If you are gathering for worship onsite:
- Pre-register through our website: robinaanglican.com. Your willingness to pre-register impacts our ability to make room for others.
- Have your name marked off as you arrive and follow directions to an allocated seat.
- Please ensure there is 2 seats vacant between you and the next household. People from different households are not permitted to sit together under the COVID Safe industry plan for places of worship.
- Please continue to refrain from mixing and mingling in the building before and after the service.
- Please follow the direction of the ushers during communion. Not communion is still in one kind (bread only).
- At this stage hospitality in the church is not possible. The coffee cart will be back outside the Lakeview Building soon!
- Families at 9:30am who have been gathering in Lakeview with their children will now gather in the main auditorium with children’s activities beginning after the Kid’s Talk.
If you are gathering for worship online:
- We’d love you to be part of the livestream at the same time as the service. Please participate in the chat through our website, make comments on Facebook or YouTube if you are using those platforms.
- If you are finding the best time for worship for you is 11:59pm on a Monday night, we’d still love to hear from you so send us an email, message, or even an old fashioned letter to let us know what you think, that you are connecting, and how we can encourage and support you. We’d also love to make sure you are able to connect with other members of your church.
Please watch out for the weekly emails, the blog and church Facebook and Instagram pages for the most up to date information.
There is no better time like right now to plan to be at worship this Sunday.